Please Support Our Mission
LIGHTHOUSE LYMPHEDEMA NETWORK
10240 Crescent Ridge Drive, Roswell, GA 30076
Dear Lymphedema Family,
The Lighthouse Lymphedema Network needs your financial support. Any time of the year, when you are thinking of giving, please include the LLN. As an IRS Section 501(C)(3) non-profit organization, all donations to the LLN are tax-deductible. You may find us on the IRS website as Lighthouse Lymphedema Support Group as we do business as Lighthouse Lymphedema Network. The LLN continues to meet its goals of education, awareness, service to others, and giving support:
- Educating our patients, caregivers, family members and the medical professionals is ongoing. The LLN sponsors various events throughout the year,. We sponsor a mini-conference each February and our annual all-day conference includes invited guests to present on their expertise. Vendors demonstrate the latest in products.
- Creating awareness for lymphedema – Legislative efforts – Mugs in the Morning – Joan White, the LLN Director, was an 11 Alive Community Service Award Honoree at the formal ceremony in April 2008.
- Bandages and Garment Fund to date has helped over 150 patients to purchase garments and other devices when they did not have insurance or Medicare coverage.
- In 2009, the LLN officially launched our e-mail program. Those who have valid e-mail addresses, will begin receiving the LLN newsletters via email. This will save the LLN a tremendous amount of money that we can better use for our Bandages and Garment Fund and other projects. If you have not already received a test email from Elaine Gunter (our newsletter editor), please contact Elaine by email or phone 770-938-1891. Don’t worry, if you don’t have an e-mail address, you will receive the newsletter via US postal mail. The prior text changes with subscription thru the website. You may also view the newsletters here on our site.
- On October 15, 2011, the LLN launched our book entitled The Puzzle: An Inside Glimpse of Lymphedema. The book is compiled so that people who have been touched by lymphedema can share their stories; their trials and tribulations, their sadness and disappointments, their strength and hopes. It is Intended to encourage, educate and inspire patients and loved ones, who can often feel isolated and uninformed. We hope to increase awareness and general knowledge of a condition that is often overlooked and misdiagnosed, yet which can have monumental physical and emotional impact on the lives that it affects. Not every story has a happy ending, yet there is hope. By sharing these stories with one another, we can learn from the struggles and successes that others have experienced and can help each other to live well with lymphedema. Please click here to order
- On October 15, 2011, we also launched our cookbook entitled Favorite Recipes: As the center of family life is our kitchens, we hope you will enjoy cooking, baking and simply creating memories from our recipes. Favorite Recipes is a collection of recipes from members, family and friends of the Lighthouse Lymphedema Network. This cookbook makes a great gift for: Friendship, Hostess, Shower, Christmas, Birthday, Office Gifts, or just for you! Please click here to order.
We care and we are here for you always.
Help us to help others! The money raised from the sale of the books is to help needy patients through our
Bandages and Garments Fund.
The Lighthouse Lymphedema Network sincerely thanks you for your generous gift! Your contribution assists
us in continuing our efforts in supporting patients and others through education & awareness.
There are two options available to you
- Make a donation by credit card using our secure credit card processor or
- You may download the form below and mail a check to our business address.
You may download the form shown below here
City:__________________________________________ State:________________ Zip:_____________
Home Work Cell
My gift is made in memory of:___________________________________________________________
My gift is made to honor:_______________________________________________________________
Please send acknowledgement to:_______________________________________________________
Enclosed is a tax deductible donation in the amount of $______________________________________
I would like my contribution to be used for:
________________Bandages and Garment Fund
If you work for a company that provides matching funds for charitable organizations (i.e., those with a
501(C) (3) status), please be sure and take advantage of this mechanism to double the power of your gift to the
Please make all checks payable to the Lighthouse Lymphedema Network and mail to the LLN:
Lighthouse Lymphedema Network
10240 Crescent Ridge Drive
Roswell, GA 30076
Change of Address Request: We try to keep our mailing list updated constantly and currently have over 1,000
names to receive each newsletter! If you have any changes that should be made to your address, or know of
other changes that should be made, e.g., names to be added, deleted or corrected – or address and email
changes, please send this information to the LLN address or email Elaine Gunter. We strive for accuracy
on our list, and also to keep costs down. Thanks for your help!